Syngenta Seeds is one of the world’s
largest developers and producers of seed
for farmers, commercial growers, retailers
, and small seed companies. Syngenta
seeds improve the quality and yields of
crops. High-quality seeds ensure better and
more productive crops, which is why
farmers invest in them. Advanced seeds
help mitigate risks such as disease and
drought and allow farmers to grow food
using less land, less water, and fewer
Syngenta Seeds brings farmers more
vigorous, stronger, resistant plants,
including innovative hybrid varieties and
biotech crops that can thrive even in
challenging growing conditions.
Syngenta Seeds is headquartered in the
- Manage and drive the Division P&L (in terms of Volume, Revenue, and Margins); and NPI as a percentage of Sales
- Identify new areas of growth, and evaluates alternate business models to drive future growth.
- Manage Division Cost, Efficiency of processes including Sales returns and collections.
- Led team of Business Managers, execute sales campaigns, and ensure achievement of agreed sales targets in accordance with the strategies and objectives set for the division.
- Develop and maintain a high-performing sales organization.
- Contribute to the optimizations and selective alignment of Syngenta commercial policies and price structures.
- Assume external relationship responsibilities for the division with local regulators and industry stakeholders.
Complete all the sections which are applicable to the role and leave the others blank.
- This is a summary list of 6-8 statements for key result areas. These accountabilities should normally be ongoing, and unlikely to change significantly from year to year. The focus should be on results rather than activities. When completing the role accountabilities you should: Use action verbs (e.g. ensure, provide, execute, manage, design, translate); Provide a broad indication of the performance levels required (e.g. effectively, accurately, in line with defined standards); Ensure the accountabilities relate clearly to this role; Give an indication on freedom to act (e.g. independently, under supervision) and interdependencies with other roles.
- Holistic ownership of the Division business and objectives
- Including commercial performance, customer experience, team engagement, external stakeholder commitments
- Create and execute plan for business delivery
- Focus on sales, profitability, liquidation, collections, market share
- De-risk business through contingency plans and new opportunities
- Monitor and drive customer performance
- Channel partners (Distributors, Retailers)
- Grower customers
- Support National Sales Manager in the delivery of Specialty portfolio business
- Lead team of (Senior) Business Managers to achieve Division objectives
- Coach and motivate team members
- Increase business contribution and profitability through better forecasting Actively manage value chain and cross-functional stakeholders
- Actively manage industry and government relationships
- Ensure Team participation in Saleforce.com and ingrain it in the daily routine of the Sales team
- List all accountabilities which are relevant during the first 6 -18 months in connection with the transition.
- Put in place the necessary activities to ensure business continuity with the new organizational structure.
- Work with Marketing, Supply, and Trialling to develop effective governance and ways of working at the critical interfaces.
- Support the development of a change plan taking into account employee engagement, team development, and customer connection in the new org setup.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- This concerns the ‘know-how’ to perform the role, which may have been gained through academic study (degree, education, and certificates), business qualifications, or on-the-job experience. Specify the type of knowledge required (e.g. of specific functional knowledge, particular systems or processes, and to what level), not the know-how of the incumbent.
- Agriculture Graduate / Post Graduate
- Grower behavior and agro-business trends in the division specifically and country at large
- Channel structures and behavior
- Sales and Marketing principles
- People management /development skills
- This concerns the type and minimum length of relevant experience required to effectively perform the role. This includes experience/familiarity with particular processes or systems, dealing with certain products or services, and/or experience dealing with others – both internally and externally.
- Proven track record in sales and sales management (minimum 7 years)
- Proven leadership skills and line management experience
- Proven track record in being a good team player and having team management skills
- Strong ability to understand customer needs, structure, and business drivers
Critical technical, professional, and personal capabilities
- Applies effective grower, channel, and influencer segmentation
- Develops/delivers innovative, customer-driven offers
- Designs/optimizes effective field force strategy
- Delivers distinctive value proposition to the customer
- Designs/implements effective CRM strategies
- Manages distribution channels effectively
- Creates strong, distinctive brand and crop plans
- Understands customer needs, market dynamics, and competitive environment
- Able to use market research effectively to understand customers, markets, channels
- Understands channel structure and dynamics
- Anticipates changes in the market and adjusts strategies accordingly
- Analytical thinking
- Financial acumen
- Influencing and negotiation
- Innovation management
- Team building, people management, coaching, and situational leadership
- Perseverance, Patience, Tenacity – Result Orientation
- Relationship building
Critical leadership capabilities
- Sets ambitious strategic goals
- Communicates with impact
- Leads change and hold ambiguity
- Builds a culture of innovation
- Focuses on customers
- Manages for performance
- Develops people, organization, and self
- Collaborates across boundaries
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Revenue and market share growth
- Accounts receivables
- On-time collections record
- Inventory levels at C& F
- Identification of target segments and delivery of focused grower value propositions
- Liquidation targets
- Distribution coverage targets
- Sales team management and capability development
Employees may, as part of his/her role and maybe through multifunctional teams, participate in the creation and design of innovative solutions. In this context, Employee may contribute to inventions, designs, and other work products, including know-how, copyrights, software, innovations, solutions, and other intellectual assets.
People are at the heart of what we do:
- Once a year Full body check
- Competitive insurance scheme
- Employee assistance program – to take care of your and your loved ones’ mental health
- Paid Vacation of 30 days, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, compassionate leaves
- Education assistance – for your career growth
- People first culture translated into ‘Most Preferred place to work 2022-23 by Times group’
Note: Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit in.linkedin.com.